Crop Scout Summer Student 2021
Snobelen Farms Ltd. an independent, family owned company that was founded in 1971. We take pride in continually progressing our company and advancing our technology to serve our customers better, all while maintaining the small, family business feel. With eight locations, we are able to serve the needs of growers across South Western Ontario.
We are currently in search of a CROP SCOUT SUMMER STUDENT for the 2021 season.
Are you an ambitious self-starter? A confident communicator? And a genuine team player?
Come be a part of a company you will be proud of. We are waiting for you!
Your summer would consist of:
· Working with a phenomenal team of agriculture passionate people
· Building rock solid relationships for the future
· Recording and communicating field inspection observations (weed identification, crop status, plant counts, etc.)
· Assisting famers make timely, informed and economical field crop decisions
· Assisting with the administration of our IP soybean program including communicating with growers and procurement of beans
· Field mapping and signage
· Plot management (staking, cutting, roguing, etc.)
· Feeling accomplished and prosperous with the contributions you are making
Some other particulars needed for the job:
· Must be enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary education, preferably in an agriculture field
· Effortlessly able to work in multiple environments and with multiple personality types
· Top-notch customer service skills
· Problem solver and quick, accurate decision maker
· Time management champion
· Self-motivation with a drive to succeed
· Valid driver’s license and clean record
Due to COVID-19 – we will not be accepting applications in person. Please email, fax, or phone!!! Ask for Sarah.