Drill/Planter Clean Out Procedure
The planter must be thoroughly cleaned out and inspected prior to planting Food Grade and Identity Preserved crops, even when hiring a custom planter. Planter cleaning procedures are as follows:
- Empty drill/planter boxes and remove any caked-on deposits.
- Blow out or wash out trapped grain from boxes.
- Open feed cup gates to drain any trapped grain.
- Vacuum any trapped grain from the drill box.
- Use compressed air/turn the fan on to blow out seed
tubeand seed boots.
- If air is not available then lightly tap seed tube to free any trapped grain.
- Attempt to plant Food Grade and Identity Preserved crops before planter is used
- Food Grade and Identity Preserved seed bags should be stored separately
from otherseed prior to planting.
- Approved isolation distances for the Food Grade and Identity Preserved crops must be observed.
- A soybean crop is required to be at least three meters apart
from anothersoybean crop and another pulse crop.
- Growers should endeavor to leave a minimum one-meter isolation
distance betweena Food Grade and Identity Preserved field and fields of crops that do not require the three-meterisolation.
- Grower must have detailed records of: previous crops grown on fields; detailed field maps; written history of previous crops grown, planter cleaning procedure, isolation distances.