Monday December 14, 2020
- Grain markets mixed to start the week. Corn +1.75, Beans +9.50, and Wheat -8.75
- The first doses of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine landed in Canada yesterday. Its expected that the first doses will be distributed to LTC workers.
- Brazil and Argentina saw some rains over the weekend
- Russia implemented an export tax on wheat of about $30 per metric ton. This is set to go into effect on February 15th. We won’t be sure on how this will really effect wheat prices until the spring. It is possible that Russia could export a decent volume before the tax goes into effect
- There is another NOPA crush report out tomorrow morning. Its expected to report 180 MB down from last months 185 MB last month